About Sneden Hall / FAQ
In June 2009, GRCC purchased the facilities in Grand Rapids’ Historic Heritage Hill District formerly occupied by Davenport University. This allows GRCC to add much needed space within a 10-minute walk of their downtown location. Sneden Hall is GRCC’s main classroom building at the new site, and approximately 75 classes are scheduled there, Monday through Thursday between 8 AM and 5 PM for Fall semester. There are some Davenport offices and staff that will continue to occupy some of the spaces through June 2010, at which time GRCC will make permanent moves.
Frequently Asked Questions regarding Sneden Hall:
- Is parking available?
Yes, there are approximately 350 parking spaces available for GRCC use this year. Parking area entrance will require a RAIDER card, and the standard student parking rate applies.
- The main entrance/exit for students and staff is off Fountain Street
- There is an “exit only” gate to Fulton Street from the surface lot east of Sneden Hall
- Parking gates and Raider Card readers will be installed in the near future; GRCC parking rates will apply
- Students parking at Sneden who move to another GRCC parking ramp will be charged accordingly
- Complimentary shuttle service will run every 10 minutes (from Fountain between Bostwick and Ransom to Sneden)
- Certain spaces/entrances of the parking facility are restricted and
These spaces are clearly marked, and vehicles must display the permit. Violators will be ticketed.
- How do I get there:
- If you are driving, the entrance to the parking facility is off Fountain Street, directly across from Central High School.
- If you are walking from Main Campus, it is a short 10 minute walk. Take Fountain Street east to Prospect, and then turn right to go through the restricted/guest lot area to Sneden Hall.
- Consider the bus. Stop by the Student Life Office for bus information.
- Is there a shuttle?
GRCC and the RAPID are discussing arrangements for a shuttle service, more information will be posted when it becomes available.