Grand Rapids Community College has been committed to the enrichment and economic growth of West Michigan for nearly 100 years, and excitement is building on campus as the college prepares to commemorate its century mark with a yearlong celebration during the 2014-15 academic year.
Planning for this celebration is well underway. This website will be your connection to GRCC’s vibrant history as we celebrate the contributions of GRCC students, alumni, faculty and staff to West Michigan's growth, and toast to the next century of preparing people to achieve their goals and become the future leaders of our community. Stay tuned as this website evolves to showcase our celebration. Below is a sampling of upcoming activities and events.
• Convocation – Aug. 21, 2014
• Employee mixer – Aug. 21, 2014
• Community picnic – Sept. 13, 2014
• SCHOLARfest Foundation Gala – Oct. 14, 2014
• The GRCC play, “Open Door” – Nov. 7 and 8, 2014
• Commencement – May 1, 2015
•Experience the voices, images and events that have shaped GRCC for a century in an electronic web based timeline
History and Reflections
• A history book, written by Walt Lockwood, is planned for release in early fall 2014
• Yearlong oral history collection project
• History banners
• Department-specific activities will support a yearlong community donation project
If you would like to get involved please e-mail us.
Our 100th anniversary logo was unveiled Dec. 1, 2012!
Allison Supron’s design was selected by a panel of judges from 25 finalists that were narrowed down from more than 200 entries. Allison received $500 and her logo will be used throughout the 2014-15 academic year.
2nd Place - Stephen Dobrzynski ($250)
3rd Place - Emma Durernay ($100)
Amanda Cook ($50 gift card)
Caleb VanDyke ($50 gift card)
Janelle Krupa ($50 gift card)