The GRCC ESL Integrated Workforce Training Program will provide adult education concurrent with workforce preparation activities and workforce training to advance the education and career goals of eligible English language learners in Region 4 adult education programs. The pilot program will be offered at no cost to the students.
The following will start in April 2017 and will end before June 30, 2017.
- Commercial Construction- Grand Rapids
- Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Technician- Grand Rapids
- Certified Nursing Aid (CNA)- Grand Rapids
Applicants will need to have CASAS entry score of 221 or higher in Reading and 219 or higher in Listening. WorkKeys scores for entry into the targeted training programs are also required.Program offerings are aligned with real opportunities for employment using contextualized materials that teach basic academic skills, critical thinking skills, computer skills, workplace language, job search skills, and soft skills for job retention in preparation for employment.
Attainment of stacked credentials will increase employment opportunities for participants.
Integrated Adult Education and Workforce Training Activities
Aligned with the WIOA Career Pathways approach, program activities will:
- Include career coaching
- Prepare individuals for success through a range of postsecondary education options
- Deliver concurrent instruction and workforce preparation and training for specific occupations and occupational clusters
- Accelerate educational and career advancement
- Enable an individual to attain at least one recognized postsecondary credential
- Help an individual enter or advance within a specific occupation or occupational cluster,beginning with attaining a certificate through earning an Associate’s and Bachelor’s degrees
For more information contact Leann Garrison at 616-234-2347 or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.