The Behavioral Intervention Team provides preventative measures on campus to reduce the risk of student or employee incident. Members intake and assess information, take action when necessary and track details about behavior concerns noted on campus.
The team protocol document and the threat assessment tool used by the team (posted with permission from NaBITA) are posted on the right hand side of this page.
Reasons for a BIT Referral:
1. Person states intent to harm self;
2. Person states intent to harm others;
3. Student demonstrates erratic behaviors that significantly disrupt the learning/work environment.
Examples could include, but are not limited to:
- Displaced anger
- Discussion of weapon/bomb collection, use, etc.
- Sudden change in demeanor
Concerns are reviewed during normal business hours, when GRCC is open. If your concern involves an immediate safety risk to self or others, please stop and call campus police at 616-234-4911 or 911 immediately.