The Biomed Club is a student club for pre-professional, transfer students interested in the medical field. It is not limited to pre-med students because it also welcomes students interested in such professions as Physician Assistant (P.A.), Physical Therapy (P.T.), Occupational Therapy (O.T.) and Pharmacy.
Meetings: In the past, the Biomed Club has held bi-weekly meetings with one being for social interaction and the other featuring a speaker, a tour or an activity.
Past Activities have included:
- Van Andel Institute (VAI)
- Secchia Center in Grand Rapids, home to Michigan State University’s College of Human Medicine (CHM)
- How to Prepare for the MCAT exam.
- Service Learning Opportunities at GRCC.
- How to Write a Resume.
- Admission Process to F.S.U.’s Pharmacy program.
- Launching a career as a Pathologist’s Assistant.
- Launching a career as a chiropractor.
- MSU’s Pre-Med Day (in both East Lansing and Grand Rapids).
Interested? Visit our OrgSync page for more information.