Open Education Resources or "OER" are:
"Teaching, learning, and research materials in any media that reside in the public domain or have been released under an open license that permits their free use and repurposing by others."
The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation
In short open education resources are all about the sharing of educational information so that everyone has access to learning.
- OpenStax College - Rice University
- Open Textbook Library - University of Minnesota
- Community College Consortium for OER - Open Textbook List
- Open.Michigan - University of Michigan
- Multimedia Educational Resources for Learning and Online Teaching - MERLOT
- OER Commons
- The Open Education Consortium
- Lansing Community College: OER Overview
- Community College Consortium for OER
Fischer, L., Hilton, J., Robinson, T., & Wiley, D. (2015). A multi-institutional study of the impact of open textbook adoption on the learning outcomes of post-secondary students. Journal of Computing in Higher Education.
- AN 280 - Native American Culture - Native Peoples of North America
- BA 207 - Business Law 1 - Business Law and the Legal Environment
- BA 208 - Business Law 2 - Business Law and the Legal Environment
- BA 254 - Introduction to Statistics with Applied Models - OpenStax Statistics "Oklahoma Version"
- BI 121 - Human Anatomy and Physiology 1 - OpenStax Anatomy and Physiology
- BI 122 - Human Anatomy and Physiology 2 - OpenStax Anatomy and Physiology
- BI 151 - Introduction to Cells, Molecules and Genes - OpenStax Biology
- BI 152 - Biological Diversity - OpenStax Biology
- CHM 130 - General Chemistry I - OpenStax Chemistry
- CHM 140 - General Chemistry II - OpenStax Chemistry
- HS 249 US History through Reconstruction - OpenStax US History
- HS 250 - US History from Reconstruction to the Present - OpenStax US History
- MA 131 - Precalculus - OpenStax Precalculus
- MA 215 - Statistics - OpenStax Statistics
- PH 125 - College Physics I - OpenStax College Physics
- PH 126 - College Physics II - OpenStax College Physics
- PL 201 - Introduction to Philosophy
- TH 248 - Introduction to Theater - Theatrical Worlds
Check for specific sections using Open Educational Resources by clicking on the filter at the bottom of the screen in GRCC's Classfinder tool.