The Center for Teaching Excellence plans, hosts and coordinates a variety of special events throughout the year. These events are designed to provide opportunities for growth, connection and recognition. In addition to smaller, one-time events, we coordinate four, larger annual events. They include:
- Summer Teaching Institute: The Institute is comprised of a series of workshops held in August and covering a variety of pedagogy and educational technology topics designed to launch faculty into fall semester.
- Faculty Learning Day: Held every January, Faculty Learning Day brings together all full-time faculty at GRCC for one day of collective learning.
- Faculty Showcase: The Showcase celebrates high impact teaching practices and provides an opportunity for all GRCC faculty to learn from their peers. It is held each Spring.
- Great Teachers Seminar: The Great Teachers Seminar is a retreat experience in which faculty members at all career stages come together and spend three days learning from one another, reflecting on their practice, and connecting in authentic community. It is held each year following winter semester.
- Formation Retreats: Formation is a three-day, two-night professional development opportunity for GRCC staff. It is in a retreat setting where participants reflect on what they believe about their work, reconnect to the passion that brought them to the work, and renew themselves as practitioners.