The FastTrack program is free to qualifying students. Students will save time and $600 (in-district) or $1200 (out-of-district) by passing their developmental education course and moving into credit-bearing courses.
What is FastTrack?
FastTrack is an intensive three-week learning lab in which students strengthen their skills through a combination of web-based and professional tutor-guided activities. Subjects offered are Math, Reading and English and seats are limited.
The purpose of the FastTrack program is to give developmental students an opportunity to accelerate skill building, so they are able to bypass developmental course work and move directly into college-level courses.
- FastTrack is designed to help students skip ONE of the following required courses: EN 097; RD 097, 098; or MA 095, 097, 098.
In order to qualify, students must not have started their class sequence.
Students need to have taken placement testing and have at least one score that falls within the following ranges:
|Subject||FastTrack Qualifying Score|
|English/Writing||1 - 4|
|Reading||33 - 70.4|
|Math – Algebra||41 – 75|
|Math – Arithmetic||30 - 120|
Students participating in FastTrack Programs are required to do the following:
- Complete an intake with a Success Coach
- Attend a New Student Orientation
- Complete the Financial Aid Application process (if applicable)
- Complete a Student Success Plan with an Advisor or Counselor
- Complete the Road Map to Success (a pre-semester check list)
Enrollment for the Summer 16 Sessions is now closed.
Grand Rapids Location
|11/28/16 - 12/15/16||English||
|11/28/16 - 12/15/16||Reading||
|11/28/16 - 12/15/16||Math*||
*Please note that Math times vary based on your Accuplacer Score, call for details.
For a complete schedule with room locations and class times please call our office at 616-234-2312.