About GRCC Today
GRCC Today was developed by Grand Rapids Community College for several reasons; 1) to eliminate the prolific 'allstaff' email traffic, 2) to consolidate all the news and events information for employees into one place, and 3) to better facilitate the college culture and keep employees informed and engaged.
GRCC Today Submission Guidelines
- To send submissions, e-mail them to email@example.com
- All items submitted for GRCC Today must relate directly to the business of the college, or directly to stakeholders affiliated with the college.
- The deadline for submissions is 5:00 p.m. by the day before the story is to run.
- Submissions should be as brief as possible ideally (no more than 200 words). The Communications Department will edit for length and content if necessary.
- An announcment may be run in advance of an event, and then again closer to the date of the event as a reminder if necessary.
- We hesitate to run repeated entries about an event if they do not contain original content. Our goal is to eliminate repetition in response to feedback from readers, and provide a relevant and engaging source of information. For example, repeating the same post more than once causes readers to disengage, but a series about a particular topic is encouraged when the individual posts are different.
- Please submit your content as text, images and links.