GRCC Today is a blog for for the employees of Grand Rapids Community College. It was created to:
- Better facilitate the college culture and keep employees informed and engaged.
- Consolidate all the news, events and information for employees into one place.
- Eliminate the prolific 'allstaff' email traffic.
GRCC Today Submission Guidelines
- To send submissions, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All items submitted for GRCC Today must relate directly to the business of the college, or directly to stakeholders affiliated with the college.
- The deadline for submissions is 5:00 p.m. by the day before the story is to run.
- Submissions should be as brief as possible ideally (no more than 200 words). The Communications Department will edit for length and content if necessary.
- An announcment may be run in advance of an event, and then again closer to the date of the event as a reminder if necessary.
- We hesitate to run repeated entries about an event if they do not contain original content. Our goal is to eliminate repetition in response to feedback from readers, and provide a relevant and engaging source of information. For example, repeating the same post more than once causes readers to disengage, but a series about a particular topic is encouraged when the individual posts are different.
- Please submit your content as text, images and links.