Grand Rapids Community College has different academic support and tutoring services here on campus to help you succeed including the following:
- ATC Tutorial and Open Lab - The lab is a drop-in center where students can use the lab for performing tasks assigned by their instructors, writing papers, doing homework, email, Blackboard, Online Center and research on the Internet. No appointment is necessary.
- Biology Learning Center – The center is for drop-in tutoring for students in all biology classes at GRCC. The center is located at 106 Calkins Science Center and can reached at 616-234-3953.
- Business Tutorial and Computer Lab – This is drop in lab for students studying the following courses (help with other business classes is available upon request): B 103, 145, 150, 156, 160, 207, 254, 256, 257, 260, 262, 264, 268, 270, EC 251, 252. The lab is located in room 201 Cook Academic Hall and you can contact them directly at 616-234-4326.
- Calculus and Physical Science - This is a drop in lab for students taking Calculus I (and beyond), physics, physical science, statistics, dynamics and/or chemistry classes. No appointment is necessary for tutoring. The lab is located in 103 Calkins Science Center and you can contact the lab directly at 616-234-3528.
- Health Sciences – This is a center for those studying nursing, radiology, occupational therapy and dental courses. Tutoring is offered by appointment by contacting 616-234-4320. The lab is located in 204 Cook Academic Hall for tutoring during open lab hours for AD110 and PN110, NUR115 and other courses by appointment only.
- Mathematics Tutorial Lab – This is a drop-in lab for any students take a math class at GRCC. No appointment is needed and works on a first-come, first-serve basis. The open lab is available for the following courses: MA 095, 096, 097, 098, 105, 107, 108, 110, 124, 127, 131, 210, 211, and 215. The Math lab is located in 105 Cook Academic Hall and you can contact them directly at 616-234-3510.
- Writing, Reading and Language Lab - The lab is staffed by professional and student tutors. You do not need an appointment to come and meet with a tutor. Most tutoring sessions last about 30 minutes. They also provide workshops and online tutoring. The lab is located in 501 Cook Academic Hall. You can contact them directly at 616-234-4244.
For other tutoring or any additional questions, you can contact the Academic Support and Tutoring Services office at 616-234-4145, they are also located at the Learning Center in room 232.