Bonjour!!! I would like to invite you to a life changing and rewarding experience. An opportunity to travel France!
TELL ME ABOUT THE PROGRAM
This trip to France is led by Professor Hillery Haney who has over 23 years of teaching French. She has an extensive travel background and has successfully facilitated this trip for many years. While enrolled in this 3-credit course, HU 293 “French Culture and Civilization”, students will be provided an in-depth study of the French culture, civilization, history and language. Students will come into contact with French culture through art, history and language from the north to the West of France which all make it very intriguing country (see attached itenerary).
As a result of this trip, class lectures and tours, students will be able to:
- Communicate in French in social and professional situations in a Francophone country
- Understand appropriate social and conversational etiquette in a variety of contexts
- Observe , compare and contrast cultural norms different from those most familiar
- Explain how aspects of history, including art and culture, have impacted the lives of the French people
- Understand firsthand the reality of third world populations as it relates to their own cultural reality
WHEN CAN I GO?
The dates for this trip is May 15-May 24, 2013.
WHERE WILL I STAY?
Program participants will stay in a variety of 3-4 star accommodations.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE?
Open to all students with a genuine interest in French Culture.
Students who meet the follow criteria are eligible to apply:
- Be a GRCC student (degree-seeking preferred)
- Be over the age of 18
- Be in good academic standing (not below a 2.0)
- Have a good Code of Conduct record "and" a criminal background check is required
- Must have Health Insurance
- Have no outstanding fee's owed to the College
- Have financial means to participate
COST OF THE TRIP $3,550
Cost does not cover tuition. Expenses covered include lodging, airfare, in-country transportation, and most meals.
Financial Aid: Cost of the trip can be covered by your Financial Aid. Before making a decision to move forward, please consult the Financial Aid Office to help determine your options of paying for this experience.
We don’t have any time to waste. All forms and deposits must be submitted in order to travel.
1. Talk to Financial Aid
2. Gather more information about the trip (ask Professor Haney at 234-4380 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
3. Submit the Student Intake Form to Jose Mora (Main Building, Room 125, M-F, 8-5pm)
4. Once approved, make your first deposit of $500 by Friday, February 15, 2013.
Once you have been approved and your deposit made, you will be invited to a mandatory informational meeting to go over the program and other vital information such as passports and more.