GRCC now offers a Fast Track CDA Formal Training Hours Certificate!
The CDA Formal Training Hours Certificate provides students with the formal training hour requirements necessary to apply to the Council for Professional Recognition for the Infant/Toddler, Preschool, Family Child Care or Home Visitor Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential. The online format consists of five 7 week classes which cover the core set of competency standards required for the CDA Credential. These standards guide early care professionals as they work toward becoming qualified teachers of young children.
This program is designed to provide early childhood professionals, who are already working in the role associated with the credential, a convenient and flexible way to complete the formal training hours while working. Upon completion of the five classes students will be prepared to apply to the Council for Professional Recognition for the CDA Credential. The CDA Credential is a stepping stone on the path of career advancement in early childhood education and the credits earned in the Formal Training Hours Certificate transfer into the Associate Degree Program in Child Development.
Please note that GRCC does not award the CDA Credential, nor does it have a role in determining pass/fail criteria.
- CD 106: Promoting a Safe, Healthy Learning Environment (2 credits)
- CD 107: Promoting Physical and Intellectual Competency (2 credits)
- CD 108: Promoting Social and Emotional Competence and Building Family Relationships (2 credits)
- CD 109: Promoting Programs Responsive to Participant Needs and Maintaining a Commitment to Professionalism (2 credits)
- CD 112: CDA Formal Training Hours Capstone (1 credit)