Welcome to Grand Rapids Community College Financial Aid Office home page. You can access all of the services of our office on this web site, including information on filing for financial aid, scholarships and grants, on-campus employment and many other services.
GRCC strives to be more than ADA compliant. We strive to be accessible and welcoming to students of all abilities. If you need any assistance or accommodation in completing any components of the admissions, financial aid, orientation, or enrollment processes, please contact us and let us know. In addition, the GRCC's Disability Support Services are available to assist students. Visit www.grcc.edu/dss for more details.
If you have any questions or need additional assistance, you may contact us via email at email@example.com, by phone at (616) 234-4030, or stop by our office in Room 105 of the Main Building. Our staff members will be happy to assist you.
Important News and Updates
- The Federal Student Aid PIN was replaced with the FSA ID on May 10, 2015. The new FSA ID, which is comprised of a user-selected username and password, replaces the Federal Student Aid PIN as the process by which students, parents, and borrowers authenticate their identity to access their federal student aid information. The registration process should take less than 7 minutes. Only the owner of the FSA ID should create his or her account.
- Summer 2015 -Timely submission of Financial Aid is important. The priority deadline for Summer semester is March 13th. Students can still apply for Summer financial aid after this time. However, you may need to secure your classes with payment or using the FACTS payment plan prior to the processing of your aid.
- Fall 2015 -The priority deadline for Fall semester is July 8th. Student can still apply for Fall financial aid after this time. However, you may need to secure your classes with payment or using the FACTS payment plan prior to the processing of your aid.
- 2015-16 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is now available for Fall 2015, Winter 2016, and Summer 2016 at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Important Semester Dates
- Check My Financial Aid Page
- NEW THIS YEAR: Direct Subsidized Loan Limits
**NEW** #AskFAFSA Office Hours on Twitter
Students are welcome to join representatives from the Department of Education at 5 p.m. Eastern time on the last Wednesday of each month for #AskFAFSA Office Hours. (In months when a holiday falls on or near that Wednesday, they will announce a different date.) This live Q&A session on Twitter gives students, parents, and mentors the opportunity to get questions answered by the experts. Each month a different topic related to federal student aid will be featured. You can submit your questions and join the conversation using the hashtag #AskFAFSA and tune in during the live event for answers from our experts. Find us at www.Twitter.com/FAFSA.
Don't have a Twitter account? Watch the stream live at http://bit.ly/AskFAFSA2. Not available during Office Hours? An archived transcript of the Q&A session will be posted at www.storify.com/FAFSA the day after Office Hours.
Student Loan Origination Fee Update
The U.S. Department of Education recently decreased the student loan origination fees for Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized loans and for Parent PLUS loans. These decreases will take effect for loans first disbursed on or after October 1, 2015.
Due to federal sequestration, Subsidized and Unsubsidized origination fees will decrease from 1.073% to 1.068% of the loan principal. Parent PLUS origination fees will decrease from 4.292% to 4.272% of the loan principal.
Click-->HERE<--for examples of how the loan fee is calculated on students loans.