Main Navigation Menu

students sitting at computers

High School Articulation

High School Articulation is a process where students may earn college credits for career and technical courses they take in high school. It provides an opportunity for high schools and Grand Rapids Community College to partner, providing an oppotrunity for students to earn college credit while they are in high school.

How does it work?

The High School instructor must evaluate the student wishing to receive articulated high school credit using the Student Achievement Recording Process (SARP). If the student completes the course with a grade of B or higher, the instructor will then complete an articulation application and send it in to GRCC's enrollment center on behalf of the student.  The SARP forms are kept on file at the secondary school. Once a student has applied and been accepted at Grand Rapids Community College, and they have met all the criteria for high school articulation, the credits are placed on the student’s transcripts as articulated high school credit. There is no charge for these credits. The student must apply and be accepted to GRCC within two (2) years of high school graduation and submit their application for articulated credit within two (2) years of high school graduation to be eligible for articulated high school credit.

Will the Credits Transfer to Another College?

Articulated high school credit is intended to be used toward the attainment of a terminal degree at GRCC.  Articulated high school credit is not intended for transfer.  The student should check with the transferring college to see if the credits are eligible to transfer.

High School Student Information

If you are interested in articulating high school classes to Grand Rapids Community College and would like to know if your school has an articulation agreement, contact your high school counselor or teacher.

High School Teacher/Counselor Information

You may download the articulation application and any of the Student Achievement Recording Process (SARP) forms.