Am I required to use Google Apps?
Will Microsoft Office be removed from my campus system?
Is GRCC moving to Gmail?
GRCC will continue to use GroupWise and we have no plans to switch to a different provider.
What information may I share or keep within Google Apps?
You may share
- Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Personal Email
- First and Last name
- Phone number
You may not share
- Social Security Number
- Username and Password
- Credit card number
- Student Financial Records
- Any Criminal Records
- Administrative Institutional Data is private. You are NOT ALLOWED to disclose information of another student, staff or faculty member unless said person has given their personal approval.
For more information, please look at the Google Apps Security Policy.
How do I move existing information?
You are able to upload entire folders onto Google Drive and they will keep their file structure, provided that you are using Google Chrome as your web browser. You are also able to upload files one at a time. Google also has the ability to convert files into Google Doc/Sheet/Slide format, however, some formatting may be lost. Non-converted files are not able to be edited and can only be viewed. For more information, please check out the following Google support article.
There are links to how to move from one popular program to the next as well.
How do I switch between personal and work Google accounts?
- Go to any Google site (google.com) in a non-private browser window (this is so that a cookie can be set)
- Log out of any and all Google accounts, this is done by clicking on your avatar icon in the upper right corner of a Google page and choosing “Sign Out” from the menu option
- Now go to google.com, and log in with the account you want to set as the default or primary account – this is important, the first account you log into becomes the default when multiple sign ins are used
- Once you’re logged into the primary/default account, click on the avatar icon in the upper right corner of a Google page and choose “Add Account”
- Add the second, third, and any other Google accounts as necessary