All IT project requests must be submitted by way of the IT project request web form. The fiscal year 2017 / 2018 project request period ended at 5 PM on February 28, 2017. The next IT project request period for the 2018 / 2019 fiscal year will begin November 13, 2017 and end at 5 PM on February 28, 2018.
Project Request Intake, Processing, and BCO Approval
- PMO project managers research all project requests received via the IT project request web form.
- Research information is sent back to the requester for approval.
- As research approvals are received, the PMO project managers will meet with the IT managers to determine the feasibility of each project request.
- The PMO project managers write an executive summary for each project request based on the research and feasibility information.
- All requests are sent to the Chief Information Officer (CIO). The CIO will use a rubric to assess these project requests. The 20 project requests that score the highest will be brought to the Project Prioritization Team (the EBCOs) for consideration.
Project Selection and Prioritization
- The EBCOs meet to review project requests selected by the CIO. They may also choose to include approved project requests that were not part of the CIO's initial list.
- The EBCOs will select the top 20 projects using a scoring rubric and prioritize them.
- The top 15 requests with the highest ranking scores will become projects managed by the project managers in the IT Project Management Office.
- Project requests ranked 16 through 20 will be placed on a contingency list. Their completion will depend on the availability of time and resources. Those project requests not selected during the request cycle may be submitted again the following year.