2. Register to take the WorkKeys assesment by calling (616) 234-3800. If you have already taken this, you will need to submit your scores to the enrollment specialist.
4. Arrange to have your official military transcripts sent to GRCC.
b. Air Force
c. Coast Guard
5. Arrange to have official transcripts from all your prior colleges and universities sent to GRCC. There are three methods of turning in your transcripts: email firstname.lastname@example.org, fax (616) 234-3200, or you can bring your transcripts to the Admissions and Enrollment Center.
6. Apply to VA for education benefits:
a. Use Internet Explorer (not Mozilla, Chrome, etc.) to go to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
b. Click on the box - Apply for Benefits
c. Launch VONAPP and Apply for Benefits (under the Blue E and Red VA)
d. Click on New User and follow the prompts (click on continue), or I have used VONAPP before
e. If new user, you’ll need to create a VONAPP (not a DoD) logon ID and Password. Make sure you keep a record of this for possible future use (i.e. to change place of training)
f. After logging successfully the next page will have a blank box with a drop down arrow. Click on the arrow and choose:
i. Educational Benefits (22-1990) if you are a Veteran
ii. Educational Benefits… Family Member to use Transferred Benefits (22-1990E)
iii. Dependent Education Benefits (22-5490) if you are the dependent of a Veteran
iv. Change Program/Place of Training (22-1995) to change schools or degree plans
v. Dependent Change of Program/Place of Training (22-5495) to change schools or degree plans
vi. VRAP – (22-1990R) vii. When done click on Submit, then print a copy
vii. When done click on Submit, then print a copy
7. Bring the following to the enrollment specialist for Job Training:
a. Copy of Certificate of Eligibility from VA
b. Copy of WorkKeys scores if applicable
Learn more about how GRCC’s Job Training can change your life.
Information sessions are presented every week at various times to make it easy for you to attend. Registration is not required but is appreciated. Hear about programs offered, support services, employment outlook, how to enroll and financial aid.