The Construction Electrical Training Class will provide the basic knowledge and skill required to become an electrician and be placed in an Electrical Apprenticeship program. Students will be required to participate in job site, lab area, field trip and class room settings. Students will receive hands-on learning and application in all areas of electrical installation including employability skills, construction and electrical safety, hand and power tool safety, electrical math, electrical History, electrical theory, the National Electrical Code, electrical material identification, blue print reading, underground installations and residential/commercial wiring. Upon Completion of the class, graduates will receive a Certificate of Completion from GRCC and the NCCER (National Center for Construction Education ). Once Hired and registered as an Apprentice Electrician, students may request to have their Certificate articulated into credit that applies to their state required four years of training.
34 Hours per week
What skills do you need to have prior to beginning training?
The trainee should demonstrate reading and math skills. The ability to work with others, good hand-eye coordination, good color acuity and manual dexterity are also required.
What will you learn while in training?
- Introduction of Hand Tools
- Introduction of Power Tools
- Introduction to Blueprints
- Basic Rigging
- Basic Communication Skills
- Basic Safety
- Introduction to Construction Math
- Basic Employability Skills
- Electrical Safety
- Hand Bending, Fasteners, and Anchors
- Electrical Theory One & Two
- Electrical Test Equipment
- Introduction to the National Electrical Code
- Raceways, Boxes and Fittings
- Introduction to Electrical Blueprints
- Wiring: Commercial & Industrial
- Wiring: Residential
How much can you make?
Skilled entry-level starting wages currently average $10.00 to $15.00 per hour, depending upon the company and the competency and experience of the applicant.
*Most electrical contractors would expect new employees to have a valid drivers license.
Where is it?