Applications for fall 2017 are currently being accepted!
The Advanced Manufacturing Partnership (AMP) program is a collaboration between West Michigan manufacturers, students, and Grand Rapids Community College to address the talent shortage the region is experiencing. Companies provide a full-ride scholarship for students to obtain an Associate Degree while working for the sponsoring company. The first AMP cohort began in Fall 2012 with 15 students; this cohort completed their program at the end of the fall 2014 semester. Since then there have been four additional cohorts in Fall 2013, Fall 2014, Fall 2015 and Fall 2016 that have begun. Currently we are working on the Fall 2017 cohort.
This partnership is unique in that the curriculum and schedule is determined by the participating companies and Grand Rapids Community College. All of the AMP “classes” are run in a cohort fashion with classes scheduled and reserved specifically for the AMP students. The school schedule is determined by a planning team of participating companies before the start of each cohort.
Grand Rapids Community College currently has three AMP cohorts with a fourth one being planned!
- AMP I began in Fall 2012 with 15 students with a graduation in December 2014.
- AMP II began in Fall 2013 with 9 students and will complete their degree in December 2015.
- AMP III began in Fall 2014 with 21 students, the degree will be completed in Summer 2016.
- AMP IV began in Fall 2015 with 13 students.
- AMP V began in Fall 2016 with 15 students.
- We are currently soliciting for student interested in the Fall 2017 cohort.
Companies that have previously or currently participating with AMP are: Alliance CNC, Anderson Global, Autocam Medical, DeWys Manufacturing, Herman Miller, NN Inc., Paragon Die and Engineering, Padnos, Rapid-Line, RoMan Manufacturing, Steelcase, Transmatic, Wolverine Coil Spring and Woodward.