Students are admitted to the program once a year, in the Fall semester.
In order to be eligible for admission into the Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) program, a student must:
- Be a high school graduate or have passed the high school equivalency GED (General Educational Development) Test.
- Have a high school GPA of at least 2.5.
- Score at least 40 on the algebra or 65 on the arithmetic portion of the ALEKS PPL placement test.
- Reading and writing requirement
- EN 101 with a grade of C or better or
- Score of 18 on ACT or 25 on SAT better or
- Accuplacer placement test scores of 70 on the reading portion and 6 on the written portion.(http://www.grcc.edu/admissionsenrollment/placementtesting/accuplacertest)
- Have completed a one-semester course of high school computers, focusing on computer literacy, Internet skills, retrieval and management of information with a grade of at least a C.
- Complete the criminal background check process.
- Successful completion of BI 121 and BI 122 with a grade of C or better within two attempts.
- Successful completion of OT 102 with a grade of C or better within two attempts.
Effective as of fall 2015 any student not currently on the Occupational Therapy Assistant wait list will be required to complete BI 121 and BI 122 with a C or better within two attempts.