Nations cup is a biennial event structured like the “Iron Chef” TV show, where competitors are presented with mystery ingredients and given a limited amount of time to turn them into five-star gourmet fare.
Grand Rapids Community College’s Secchia Institute for Culinary Education welcomes teams of student chefs from six nations to its kitchens Oct. 15-19, 2013.
Team Canada won in 2011, taking the cup away from Team USA who won in 2009. Needless to say, Team USA is looking for a win this year, but competition is always tough.
Click on the link below to watch the competition live at the times listed for each category.
2013 Competition Schedule:
Thursday, Oct. 17, 2013
- 8:00–9:30 a.m. Appetizer Mystery Box
- 10:40 a.m. – 12:10 p.m. Hot Pasta Mystery Box
- 2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Fish/Shellfish Entrée Mystery Box
Friday, Oct. 18, 2013
- 8:00 - 9:30 a.m. Meat/Game Mystery Box
- 10:40 a.m. – 12:10 p.m. Poultry Entrée Mystery Box
- 2:00 – 3:30 p.m. Hot and Cold Dessert Mystery Box
Saturday, Oct. 19, 2013
- 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. National Dish Dinner and Awards Ceremony