The Bob and Aleicia Woodrick Diversity Learning Center provides tools that help promote a greater and deeper understanding of others, their cultures and requirements. Businesses, educational and health care institutions, governmental agencies and non-profit organizations benefit from an informed employee base able to consider multiple perspectives and address conflicts with conscious intentional process. We are able to customize all sessions to your sector.
Boundaries in the Workplace
- Define boundaries in regards to job responsibilities and interpersonal boundaries.
- Determine the importance of boundary setting.
- Help others to understand their boundaries.
- Explore methods of respecting and protecting other's boundaries
Bullying in the Workplace
- Recognize possible effects of bullying and other harassment on self and colleagues.
- Understand some prevention policies, actions and methods.
- Be aware of possible intervention strategies.
- Approach problematic behavior with critical observation.
- Be sensitive to the hidden affects of bullying.
Building Cultural Agility
- Recognize possible cultural barriers to successful communication.
- Be aware of idiomatic language and consequence.
- Be more accepting without judging others based on what behaviors mean in own culture.
- Have a better understanding of the difference in communication across cultures.
Facilitating Difficult Conversations
- Examine the process of facilitation, focusing on the qualities of the facilitator.
- Explore the nuances of group dynamics and the impact on process.
- Help facilitators gain tools to facilitate difficult conversations.
- Identify and define four generations in the workplace.
- Understand the formative years of each generation and their core values.
- Use this information to connect and work effectively across generations.
- Examine the potential benefits of multi generational workforces.
Global Leaders Program
A program for high school and college students that:
- Builds awareness of global culture and inclusion.
- Develops facilitation and public speaking skills.
- Promotes students designing and delivering presentations to other students.
- Examines conflict resolution skills.
- Examine the definition of hidden bias and how it affects our communication.
- Explore how casual conversations may lead to conflict and misunderstanding in the workplace.
- Learn new skills to avoid unnecessary miscommunication and skills to enhance interaction.
Unintentional Bias in the Hiring Process
- Examine common language and tools for processing unintentional bias situations in the hiring process.
- Review our Unintentional Bias in the Hiring Process video.
- Practice common language and process tools in small group activities.
- Define inclusive leadership characteristics.
- Recognize connection to maximizing operational effectiveness.
- Investigate demonstrable inclusive leadership skills.
- Address practical application through relevant scenarios.
Institutes for Healing Racism: 2 day format - CEUs available
- Engage in an exploration of the origins of the construct of race and racism.
- Increase critical thinking proficiency regarding contemporary racial, ethnic and cultural issues.
- Strategize action steps around anti-racism conduct.
The Misrepresentation of Women in Media and Society
- Recognize the negative effects of contemporary body image.
- Be aware of media influence.
- Approach media messages with critical observation.
- Be sensitive to unintentional judgments based on social norms.
- Have a better understanding of the difference in body image between and among cultures.
- Explore tools to combat negative aspects of current body image perceptions.