The Grand Rapids Community College Diversity Team was appointed in 1994 by GRCC President Richard Calkins. In 1995, the Board of Trustees adopted a college-wide goal to create an environment at Grand Rapids Community College where individual and cultural diversities are respected. Since that time, Grand Rapids Community College students and employees have planned, supported and implemented numerous multicultural activities and projects. Diversity helps define GRCC. We promote an understanding of diversity for all people in a quality, respectful, motivating environment.
The GRCC Diversity Team:
- Believes diversity is the exploration of our differences in a safe, positive, and nurturing environment.
- Honors, celebrates, and respects these differences; our lives and our institution is enriched as a result.
- Supports and encourages ways of learning that deepen and enrich the way we connect across our differences.
- Strives to create an environment that promotes personal and professional growth, respect for human differences, and open discussion of issues.
Team meetings will be held at 9:00 a.m. in the Diversity Learning Center (Room 122 of the Library & Learning Commons) on the following days:
- Friday, September 26, 2014
- Friday, October 31, 2014
- Friday, November 21, 2014
- Friday, December 12, 2014
- Friday, January 30, 2015
- Friday, February 27, 2015
- Friday, March 27, 2015