Delta Pi Alpha Honor Recognition criteria
The Delta Pi Alpha Honor Recognition honors those students graduating during the current academic year with superior scholastic achievement and meet the criteria outlined below. Students must do two things to be considered:
- Complete the online Graduation Application by April 1 of your graduation year.
- Complete graduation requirements by the end of the summer semester of your graduation year.
Degree-seeking students criteria
Degree-seeking students who meet the following criteria will be considered for the Delta Phi Alpha Honor Recognition:
- Students must complete the online Graduation Application found on the Student Records website by the second Friday in February of their graduation year to be considered for Delta Pi Alpha.
- Students must have earned 50% or more of their credit hours at Grand Rapids Community College for the Associate Degree and must be graded for at least 30 credits at GRCC by the second Friday in February to be considered. Students in certificate programs do not qualify.
- Credits earned from CLEP, PEP, Challenge Exam and K-MAP are considered GRCC credits.
- The grades on the student's transcript record as of the second Friday in February of the graduating year will be used to determine his/her eligibility.
- Students must be enrolled at Grand Rapids Community College during the academic year he/she is considered for Delta Pi Alpha.
- Students must not have X, N, I, E or WF grades on the GRCC record to be considered.
- There is no time limit in which the degree must be earned and years of attendance do not have to be consecutive.
- There is no minimal requirement for the number of credit hours carried each semester — fall, winter or summer — all semesters are counted.
- Students who qualify and receive this recognition can only receive it one time; a student would then not qualify if they returned for another degree.
Delta Pi Alpha award recognition
Students who receive the Delta Pi Alpha award are recognized at a special event in the spring. (Students are notified by GRCC email early April.)
If you have questions about Delta Pi Alpha, please feel free to contact the Student Records office at (616) 234-4121 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions about Phi Theta Kappa, please contact Lynnae Selberg at (616) 234-4148.