The Excellence in Teaching by Adjunct Faculty Award was established in 2010 to honor a Grand Rapids Community College adjunct faculty member for his or her contributions to the institutional goal of constantly improving the learning environments and success for our students. The Excellence in Education Awards are presented at the August Opening Day by the President. The adjunct recipient receives an award of $750.
Criteria for nominating a colleague
- A nominee is a colleague who has been employed for at two years (2) years at GRCC, but has not received the award previously.
- A nominee must be an employee in good standing.
- Any faculty member, Department Head, Program Director, Associate Dean, APSS, or student can recommend the nominee by completing the nomination form.
- All nominations are submitted without the nominee’s knowledge.
- Please emphasize confidentiality when obtaining and requesting comments from nominators and obtaining endorsers’ support/signature.
- Nominators have the opportunity to update their nomination if desired. Contact the Provost office at email@example.com or (616) 234-3920 for details about how to update a nomination.
How to nominate a colleague
- Complete the Adjunct Faculty Nomination Form below by Friday, May 13, 2022.
- Once the Nomination Form is completed, it should be emailed to the respective Department or Program Director (or Assistant Dean if the nominator is the Department Head or Program Director) and request them to endorse the nominee via the Adjunct Nomination Endorser Form.
- The nomination and the endorsement form will be forwarded to the Excellence in Education Committee, a subcommittee of the Academic Governing Council, who will review the submitted nominations for the adjunct award and recommend a recipient to the Provost.