High school students: do you want to improve your math scores, gain skills and employability, and visit area colleges?
Do this and more at the Grand Rapids Community College eight-week Cruisin’ to College program in the summer.
Included in this free program:
- College math preparation.
- Life skills and workplace experiences.
- Four-year college and university visits.
- Fieldtrips, including a trip to Michigan's Adventure.
- Books and materials for this program.
- Breakfast and lunch.
- Bus passes.
To participate you must have parent or guardian involvement, and:
- A desire to improve your math scores and become eligible for college-level math.
- A 2.0 GPA or higher.
- Be a high school freshman at the time of application.
- Take a math placement test.
- Attend information session and orientation with your parent(s) or guardian.
- Commit to the entire summer program.
Information sessions are still being planned.
Seats are limited and will be filled first-come, first-served based on completed applications.
The Cruisin' to College Success program is an opportunity for students in the Grand Rapids area, made possible by Believe 2 Become and Grand Rapids Community College.