Accessing Your Tutoring Session
Instructions for Students
- Sign into your GRCC student email address.
- Go to https://hangouts.google.com/, or click the 9-dot grid in the top right corner of your screen and scroll to select "Hangouts".
- Click "New Conversation" or click on the "Message" icon, and send a message to email@example.com; if it's your first time working with the online lab, Hangouts will prompt you to click a blue "Send Invite" button.
- Include the following information in your message: student ID number, class, instructor, and assignment details.
- Wait for a tutor to reply to your message (this may take a few minutes); in the meantime, make sure your writing is in a Google Doc and shared with firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students are welcomed and encouraged to sign up for follow-up sessions; we only ask that you work independently for 30 minutes before signing up again.