This exam is administered for GRCC Nursing Program students only.
- Go to the Cashier’s Office located in room 154 of the Main Building to pay the $50 fee.
- Bring your paid receipt to Academic Testing Services and obtain a HESI Record Sheet to schedule your test.
You must have photo identification to be admitted to the HESI exam. You must sign up for a date and time before coming to the exam. There are 12 spots for each available testing session, so please sign up to reserve your space. HESI cannot be registered over the phone.
The HESI exam is offered weekly at the following times:
- Tuesday 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Friday 9 a.m.
Please refer to the Academic Calendar for any holiday closings.
- Obtain a HESI Study Guide from the GRCC Bookstore. This guide includes sample test questions and will help you decide what to study further. Make sure you use other resources to study from as well.
- Practice math problems using a calculator. You have access to an online calculator but scratch paper is prohibited during the exam. The HESI is designed so you may obtain a 75 percent or higher utilizing an online calculator. Remember to study your arithmetic and algebra functions (such as fractions, percentages and foil method).
- Vocabulary does include some Nursing terminology. Make sure you read through some medical terminology books pertaining to Nursing. There are terms on the Vocabulary exam that refer to the Nursing field.
- Reading Comprehension has examples in the HESI Study Guide. You read a given passage and answer some multiple choice questions.