We offer high-quality English proficiency instruction to residents in neighborhood sites that are accessible and familiar. English and citizenship instruction are provided by GRCC, Word ESL, and Literacy Center instructors.
The goal of the English as a Second Language (ESL) program is to help individuals acquire English proficiency and continue to achieve their educational, employment and personal goals.
Classes are now held at the Leslie E. Tassell M-TEC, 622 Godfrey Ave. SW., in Grand Rapids.
Next ESL orientation
Due to high demand, the ESL program has a waiting time of four-to-five semesters. Please call or stop by one of our locations to put your contact information in the waiting list. GRCC Adult Education will only call students in the waiting list for orientations.
Participant requirements for ESL Program
- Must be 20 years of age.
- Must attend an orientation.
- Must take pre-tests and pay $5.00 non-refundable, assessment fee.
- Must score 181 – 235 on the CASAS Pre-test to be eligible in our program per state requirements.
- Must have a valid Michigan issued ID or Passport
- Must pay $25, non-refundable, registration fee per semester
- Winter enrollment: January 2018.
- Adult Education Achievement Celebration, May 2018, 7 p.m., Tassell M-TEC.
Other ESL programs in the Grand Rapids area