Store Operations Guidelines
Due to coronavirus, we have adapted our store operations to continue serving our customers while taking necessary steps to provide a safe shopping experience. Our customers are encouraged to purchase their course materials and other supplies on our online store at www.grccshop.com and have your order shipped to your address. Orders are processed within 24 hours. Please look for an email when ready for pick up or with your tracking number.
During store hours, you will be asked to follow 6-foot social distancing guidelines in front of and throughout the store. Our store capacity will allow only 20 shoppers in the store at any time. For your protection, you will find safety partitions and sanitizing stations. You will see us wearing our masks and require that you do the same.
Online Order Pickup
Online Order Pickup will be available in the Raider Grille. See hours listed below. Please have an ID and your order number beginning 50500000______ ready for faster service. Compliance with safety guidelines and social distancing will be expected of all customers at this location.
Hours may be adjusted – please check back for any updates or call the store at (616) 234-3880.
Regular Fall 2020 Store Hours
- Monday: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Tuesday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m
- Wednesday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Thursday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Friday: 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday: Closed
How do I find the online store for the GRCC Bookstore?
The bookstore's website can be accessed at www.grccshop.com or bookstore link under “current students” dropdown menu at grcc.edu.
How to I place my order after I get to the website?
- Click the "textbook" link at the top of the bookstore’s website at www.grccshop.com or scroll down to “get your textbooks” section.
- Use the drop-down menus to choose your term and courses and click "find you course materials".
- Select the course materials (check the box next to chosen materials) you need for each course and click "add to bag".
- When you are finished adding item to your bag click "view bag and checkout".
- Select checkout.
- Follow the steps to enter your payment information - if you are using any type of book voucher select "financial aid" as your method of payment.
- Use your GRCC account ID (GRCC student number without the W) as your method of payment
What are my textbook options?
Textbooks are available as new, used, rental, or digital formats. The bookstore has been working throughout the summer to make as many titles available in digital format as possible to complement the increased numbers of online courses this fall.
Which methods of payments are accepted at the bookstore?
Online customers can pay using a credit card/debit card, PayPal, Apple Pay, Financial Aid Bookstore funds, or book vouchers/scholarships.
In store customers can pay using credit/debit card, cash, check, Financial Aid Bookstore funds, or book vouchers/scholarships. If paying with Financial aid, please have your Raider Card or ID with you.
When in the store, how do I find my textbooks in bookstore?
We encourage you to print your schedule before coming to the store or have it ready on your phone. The aisles are organized by course and will tell your book options. Store associates will be available to assist with questions.
What can I buy using my financial aid?
As established by GRCC’s Office of Financial Aid, financial aid can only be used to buy required books, supplies and technology needed for the classes you are enrolled in each semester. Financial aid may only be used by the financial aid recipient.
The following items can NOT be purchased using Financial Aid (Pell Grant/Student Loans):
- Gift items
- Food and beverages
- Headphones retail greater than $50
- Electronics or audio devices/cameras and camcorders to include DVD’s, video games and/or Apple accessories
- Magazines, general books and bargain books
- Gifts card both store and other retail
- Health and beauty merchandise
- Stamps, phones, phone cards and other mobile accessories
Any exceptions can only be approved by the Financial Aid Office.
Are shipping fees and digital delivery fees covered by my book voucher or book advance?
Shipping fees and digital delivery fees are covered by Financial Aid Book funds. If you have a scholarship through GRCC or a 3rd Party, you may be prompted to pay any non-approved charges with another form of payment.
What is the bookstore’s refund policy?
- Refunds are given for Course Materials returned or postmarked before September 11th, 2020.
- Course Materials purchased after September 11th, 2020 must be returned within 7 business days of purchase for a full refund.
- Refunds must meet the following conditions
- Access codes must be unopened, seal unbroken
- Access codes cannot be scratched off nor activated
- Loose-leaf books are non-returnable once opened
- If dropping a course:
- MUST HAVE drop slip or proof of a refund from GRCC
- Bookstore refund % matches grcc
- Must meet the listed requirements above
- Course Materials purchased during the last week of classes or final exams are non-refundable.
- To support the delivery of digital content to you, a non-refundable digital delivery fee is applied to each digital material.
- Rented textbooks are refundable within the same conditions and time frame stated above.
Hardware & Software:
Bring back unopened computer hardware and software within 14 days of purchase for a full refund. Electronic Software Download (ESD) purchases are final and Non-Returnable.
All other merchandise that is unopened and in original condition can be returned within 30 days of purchase.
Gift Cards are non-refundable.
How do I rent textbooks?
Search for your course and section, select the rental items* available for your course, and add them to your shopping cart. During checkout you’ll be prompted to create a rental account by providing email, phone number, name, and rental collateral (a credit card or debit card on file will only be charged if the book is not returned by the due date on receipt) and sign the rental agreement. Completing the rental agreement signifies your commitment to returning your rental book back by the check-in date.
*Not all items are eligible to be rented.
For more information, please visit our online store at www.grccshop.com and scroll to the bottom of the page for additional links.
COVID-19 Related Questions
Will the bookstore be open to customers this semester?
The bookstore will be open with restrictions and limitations. You will be asked to follow 6-foot social distancing guidelines outside of and throughout the store. Our store capacity will allow only 20 shoppers in the store at any time. Store occupancy will be closely monitored by bookstore staff. If the maximum number of customers is already in the store, there will be a queue line in front of the store and outside along the student plaza.
We strongly encourage students to order their course materials online and ship to home to avoid the large crowds and lines that occur during the first week of classes. Course materials, clothing, and gifts are available online as well as in the store.
Who should I contact if I have a question for the bookstore?
We ask that students reach out the bookstore with questions via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (616) 234-3880. Questions specifically about textbooks can be sent to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org We will make every effort to respond to emails within 24 hours.
Do I need to wear a mask at the bookstore?
Yes, a mask is REQUIRED to enter the bookstore.
Can I enter and exit the store through the main entrance?
In-store customers can enter the main entrance at Bostwick following floor markings, stanchions, and direction of staff and will use door marked IN and OUT.
Customers picking up online orders and/or doing raider card transfers in Raider Grille on 2nd floor of student center should enter at Quiet Café entrance on Lyon St. When exiting will follow signage and stanchions directing customers to the exit at back door leading to the staircase (between Bostwick parking ramp and student center).
Where can I transfer financial aid to my raider card?
Raider Card transfers will take place in Raider Grille on 2nd floor of student center.
What do I need to transfer my F/A to Raider Card?
You will need your Raider Card and an available balance in your financial aid account. Only one transfer is allowed with a maximum transfer of $200.00.
Where can I park?
Parking is available on campus. The bookstore does not validate parking.
View https://www.grcc.edu/studentlifeandconduct/servicesandprograms/parkingandtransportation for more information.