GRCC Great Teachers Seminar 2021 will be held Wednesday, May 5 - Friday, May 7 at Crystal Mountain Resort.
Applications for the 2021 Great Teachers Seminar will open in January.
The seminar is a three-day retreat that brings together teachers from a variety of disciplines to learn from each other, exchange ideas around teaching, and building community. The seminar is built on the belief that practicing teachers are the experts in teaching, and that they learn best from one another. There are no keynote speakers or outside experts—you learn from your colleagues, and do so in a relaxed environment that fosters sharing and learning.
Any current full-time faculty member or adjunct instructor at GRCC may apply. Requirements: a dedication to student learning and a desire to connect with the great teacher within yourself.
Wednesday, May 5 - Friday, May 7, 2021. The seminar will begin on Wednesday afternoon and conclude on Friday afternoon. You must be able to attend all three days to apply.
Crystal Mountain Resort
12500 Crystal Mountain Drive
Thompsonville, Michigan 49683
Lodging and meals are provided for the duration of the seminar.
- To celebrate and inspire good teaching
- To explore new classroom techniques
- To stimulate the exchange of information and ideas
- To build connections that go beyond disciplines and schools
- To renew the commitment to student learning
- Access the 2021 GTS Application on the right side of the page (available in January)
- Please remember to log out of your personal Google Account prior to clicking the link above.
- You will need to log in using your GRCC Google Account to complete the application form:
Username example: firstname.lastname@example.org
GRCC Network Password
- Application deadline is March 12, 2021