In addition to coordinating workshops and special events, the Center for Teaching Excellence is in the process of compiling a variety of "self-help" resources on a variety of topics of interest to faculty. These include other websites, how-to guides, tip sheets, etc. The links on the left provide direct access to the different resources we have compiled.
Please note: all the videos posted below are closed-captioned or submitted for closed-captioning.
Recorded Session Links:
2018 Faculty Learning Day Sessions
- Keynote: Strategies for Student Success: a Statewide Perspective - Erica Orians (MCCA)
- Conversational Ethics - Facilitators: Kimberly DeVries, Deven Swanigan
- Give Them A Chance: Facilitating Student Success by Crafting Policies with an Ethic of Care - Facilitators: Christina McElwee, Rachel Lutwick-Deaner
- Student Behaviors of Concern - Facilitators: Lina Blair, Rebecca Whitman
- Open Educational Resources Faculty Panel - Facilitator: Lauren Woolsey
2017 Faculty Learning Day Sessions
- The Psychology of Racism: The Impact of Racism, Stigma, and Discrimination on Academic Achievement of Black Males - Facilitator: Andre Fields
- Student Academic Dishonesty; Will You Know It When You See It? - Facilitator: Greg Forbes
- The power of positive coaching in the classroom - Facilitator: Brian Hadley
- Beyond the Discussion Board: Using Online Tools to Increase Student Engagement - Facilitator: Tony Dykema-VanderArk