Applications for the Grand Rapids Community College 2018 Great Teachers Seminar are closed.
The seminar is a three-day retreat that brings together teachers from a variety of disciplines to learn from each other, exchanges ideas around teaching and building community. The seminar is built on the belief that practicing teachers are the experts in teaching, and that they learn best from one another. There are no keynote speakers or outside experts—you learn from your colleagues, and do so in a relaxed environment that fosters sharing and learning.
Any current full-time faculty member or adjunct instructor at GRCC may apply. Requirements: a dedication to student learning and a desire to connect with the great teacher within yourself.
Tuesday, May 1 - Thursday, May 3, 2018. The seminar will begin on Tuesday evening and conclude on Thursday afternoon. You must be able to attend for all three days to apply.
Boyne Mountain Resort
1 Boyne Mountain Road
Boyne Falls, MI 49713
Lodging and meals are provided for the duration of the seminar.
- To celebrate and inspire good teaching
- To explore new classroom techniques
- To stimulate the exchange of information and ideas
- To build connections that go beyond disciplines and schools
- To renew the commitment to student learning
- Access the 2018 GTS Application on the right side of the page
- Please remember to log out of your personal Google Account prior to clicking the link above.
- You will need to log in using your GRCC Google Account to complete the application form:
Username example: email@example.com
GRCC Network Password
- Application deadline is March 2, 2018