A Raider Buzz feature:
Awards were given by departments and the Student Life office during last week’s Student Leadership Banquet:
- Outstanding Biology Student of the Year — Marcus Barissi.
Physical Sciences Department
- Student of the Year for Excellence in Chemistry — Christopher Klap.
- Student of the Year for Excellence in Geology — Katie Schumann.
- Student of the Year for Excellence in Physics — Sam Johnson.
- Math Perseverance Award — William Palmer.
- Math Perseverance Award — Nettie Villarreal.
- Outstanding Mathematics Award — Jason Ross.
Exercise Science Department
- Exercise Science Student of the Year — Brett Meyers.
- Wellness Student of the Year –Jeralee Huntoon.
Social Sciences Department
- Student Research Paper Competition first-place winner — Alex Allen for “Revolution from the Black Earth and Up: Russian Anarchism’s Ideological Fissure with Marxist-Leninism in 1917.”
- Student Research Paper Competition second-place winner — Anna Reynolds for “The Masculine Muscle of American Diplomacy: Understanding Gendered Motives behind the Incursion of Cambodia.”
- Student Research Paper Competition third-place winner — Ian Ezinga for “Social Injustice and the Deficiency of Public Housing in Mexico City.”
- Emerging Music Student Academic Leadership Award — Ben Ferrell.
- Distinguished Music Student Academic Leadership Award — Michaella Braamse.
- Donald R. Black Male Student-Athlete of the Year — Zachary Pangborn.
- Donald R. Black Female Student-Athlete of the Year — Makayla Beld.
- Merle Storr Student Leadership Award — Lauren Helsen.
Student Life awards
- Brian Kloet Campus Involvement Award — Cale Merdzinski.
- Benham Service and Civic Engagement Award — Raydale Bonivel.
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Award — Kyezie Bwanangela.
- Cedric and Sandy Ward Leadership Award — Marcus Barissi.
- Jerry Benham Award for Staff or Faculty — Erin Busscher.
- New Student Organization of the Year — Native American Student Organization.
- Project, Program, or Event of the Year — Phi Theta Kappa’s Honors in Action project.
- Organization of the Year — StandOut.