A Raider Buzz feature:
GRCC hosted Phi Theta Kappa’s first virtual Michigan Regional Conference on May 15.
More than 185 members, alumni and advisors from 12 states took part in interactive activities, learning sessions, an award ceremony and officer elections -- conducted virtually to follow social distancing recommendations.
The most-commented-on session was GRCC President Bill Pink’s keynote address. His open and honest discussion around disruption and higher education, uncertainty and moving forward tied in perfectly with the conference theme: “2020 — A Vision for Your Future.”
GRCC’s Phi Theta Kappa chapter, Alpha Upsilon Kappa, was recognized as a 5-Star Chapter for the fifth consecutive year. Alpha Upsilon Kappa’s officer team — Anders Rottschafer, Austin Edger, Emma Pachulski, Alyssa Reynolds, Ashley Grove and Larica Brown — were also were recognized at the regional conference.
The GRCC chapter received other awards:
- Pink received the Paragon Presidential Award.
- Jesse Goulding was first runner-up for the Distinguished Chapter Member Award.
- Erin Busscher received the Distinguished Chapter Advisor Award.
- Lynnae Selberg received the Continued Excellence Advisor Award.
- Alpha Upsilon Kappa’s officers were fourth runners-up for the Distinguished Chapter Officer Team Award.
- Selberg received the Service Altruism Award, also known as the SEAL Award.
- Morgan Brown received the Alumni Award of Appreciation.
- The GRCC chapter’s project was second runner-up for the College Project Award.
- Pachulski won the Michigan Memorial Scholarship.