GRCC is helping students get the resources they need to be successful
The college received federal funding to distribute about $3.4 million from the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund program to eligible students affected by the disruption of campus operations due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This funding was established by the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act.
As of January 8, 2021
- $3,403,086 federal funding to be distributed.
- 5,320* students received funding.
- $3,403,086 has been sent to students.
- $0 funding still to be allocated.
* Total unduplicated student count
Students reported using the funds to meet six essential needs
- Food - 5,494 (68%)
- Housing - 4,703 (58%)
- Technology - 5,244 (65%)
- Health Care - 2,120 (26%)
- Child Care - 1,220 (15%)
- Supplies - 5,376 (67%)
Based on responses from all 8,049 acceptance/application forms received. Some of the 5,320 fund recipients submitted multiple forms.