Dear GRCC Family,
We are implementing a closure to our campuses starting at 5 p.m. today. Our campus will not be open and buildings will be closed until April 3rd. The Coronavirus has changed so much in the way we do things here are at GRCC. But what it has not changed – and cannot change – is us. If anything, this virus confirmed what I always believed to be true:
- Our GRCC students are resilient and motivated.
- Our faculty members are caring and focused.
- Our support staff are passionate and dedicated.
No one has suggested to me that we should just stop doing what we do. The questions have always been around how we can continue doing what we do in new ways, and how we can continue to provide our students with the academic learning and support they need to finish the semester.
You have invested so much of your resources, time, and effort – we are working hard to ensure you can finish what you have started at GRCC and for your future opportunities. Know that we might not have all the answers right away. This situation is evolving quickly. You should continue with your classes and remain in contact with your faculty in case there are any changes. These are challenging times. But you have a strong team here to support you and we are working together. Please review the details below - including how to get access to a laptop if you are in need. We have included contact information and resources to support your success.
Information Included In this update
- Where can I find help while the campus is closed?
- How do I access academic support and tutoring?
- Are library services available?
- How can I access a computer if I don't have one? What about internet access?
- Are there any food resources available?
Need Assistance? Be in touch!
Let us know if you have any questions or need assistance. There are many ways to be in touch.
- Call us at (616) 234-4000
- Text us a question at (616) 226-5999
- Send us your question online via our webform
Tutoring and Academic Support Online
We are providing academic support and tutoring online, as well as many other services. Click on the offices below for more information on how to access their services and their hours of operation.
- ATC Open Lab
- Math Tutorial Lab
- Math Prep and Learning Lab
- Writing, Reading and Language Lab
- Biology Learning Lab
- Business Tutorial Lab
- Calculus and Physical Science Lab
- Academic Advising
- Counseling and Career Development
- Disability Support Services
- Student Support Services/TRIO
Accessing Library Services Online
Our librarians and staff are ready to help you online and through email and chat.
- GRCC's Library Subject Guides have lists of topical services and resources (mostly available 24/7) for students and faculty working online
- We have nearly 225,000 e-books and millions of scholarly articles from our 90,000 academic e-journals available through our search services.
- Our Ask-A-Librarian email service and One Search Chat features are available for students, faculty, and staff.
- Overdue fines will be waived and due dates have already been extended through the end of the semester.
- Like us on Facebook or read our Library blog for tips on connecting to the Library and get the learning resources you need.
- Unfortunately due to the mandatory closure of public and academic libraries throughout the state, Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery services are not available during this time.
- Visit our Distance Learning Resources for more information.
Need Access to a Computer or Wifi?
If you don't have access to a computer at home, we have a limited number of laptops available on loan until the end of the winter semester (until May 8).
If you'd like to be considered for a laptop on loan, complete our Laptop Loan form.
For those who are looking for access to wifi, below are community and business resources. We will continue to research options and share updates in the near future.
In addition, GRCC will be boosting the campus wifi signal at the DeVos campus parking area. If needed, you can come to campus in a vehicle to use campus wifi. The signal can be accessed in the lot (#17 on our campus map).
Food and Other Resources
Please visit our Get Help page if you are in need of food assistance or other resources. Our team members will be tracking requests made through our online intake form to see if we can connect you with the needed resources.