Get help on campus
Same-day urgent consultation services are available during regular business hours when the college is open.
Our crisis services are designed to assist students who are confronting current or recent traumatic crises, life-threatening circumstances, and serious mental health concerns.
Examples of such issues include but are not limited to:
- suicidal thoughts.
- thoughts about harming another person.
- recent assault or abuse.
- concern about your own safety.
- knowledge of another person being abused or assaulted.
- hallucinations (hearing or seeing things that other people do not).
- recent death of a loved one.
If you believe your situation is a crisis that cannot wait for a regularly scheduled appointment, please call us at (616) 234-4130, or inform our front desk staff on the 3rd floor of the Student Center. A counselor will meet with you for a brief assessment and will make recommendations for next steps.
In the event of a mental health crisis when our office is closed, please use any of the following services: