The Honors Advisor utilizes a proactive approach in building rapport with students in the Honors Program. This includes:
- Providing timely and accurate information to current and potential Honors students regarding academic and program requirements, degree and program progression, academic policies and procedures, co-curricular activities, career planning, and campus resources;
- Delivers advising through scheduled appointments, walk-ins, group sessions, orientations, and class presentations;
- Assists each student in developing a comprehensive college timeline, including transfer application deadlines for admissions, financial aid and scholarships;
- Supports students in the completion and submission of admissions, scholarships, and financial aid applications;
- Assists each student in interpreting correspondence from the College;
- Encourages students to consider a broad range of curricular and co-curricular choices
- Establishes productive working relationships with faculty, high school counselors, and GRCC advisors and transfer school representatives;
- Tracks student progress in the program and continuously assesses the particular needs of each student and offers recommendations for programmatic improvement.
Set your appointment up today by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.