At GRCC, service learning has been and continues to be one of the most rewarding experience students will have in their lives. Impacting more than 1,000 students each year, service learning is spread across all disciplines and provides needed services to our community.
What is Service Learning?
It's kind of like a volunteer project, except specifically connected to what you are learning in your class.
- View an example.
- In most cases, service learning is optional.
- Service learning hours can range from 5-20 hours depending on the project.
- Reflection is the key element in service learning; this is typically done through journaling which helps students develop a deeper understanding of course content, awareness of community needs and builds confidence to take informed action.
Service Learning Registration
All students participating in service learning are required to register. This ensures that the designation will be placed onto the official transcript.
- Service Learning Registration
- If you do not see your course on the list, please contact Toy McNeal at email@example.com.