Disability Support Services wants to build collaborative relationships with all faculty to provide you support in the institutional goal of providing equal access for all GRCC students.
- Talk with you about an individual student’s accommodations
- Help you refer a student you suspect has a disability
- Troubleshoot any difficulty you are having with implementing accommodations
- Support and document your efforts in providing access
- Discuss the boundaries between disability characteristics and student conduct
- Visit your department meeting to answer accommodations questions unique to your discipline
- Offer teaching strategies, tools, or equipment that increase the accessibility in your curriculum
- Teach you how and provide resources to improve accessibility of classroom materials
We hope that you will find the Faculty Resources section of our website helpful! Please know that part of our job is to assist you in finding ways to remove unintentional barriers and identify accommodations that ensure students with disabilities are able to fully access the courses and programming available at GRCC.
Check out resources on: