- Masters of Education in Instructional Technology, American InterContinental University Online
- Bachelors of Science in Statistics, Western Michigan University
Quality Matters Certifications:
- Addressing Accessibility (STD8) - June 13, 2013
- Connecting Learning Objectives and Assessments (STD2/3) - June 20, 2013
- Addressing Accessibility & Universal Design for Learning: Meeting Students Needs (WCUD) - June 13, 2013
Blackboard Community Activity and Certifications:
- Blackboard MVP
- Exemplary Course Program Cohort Participant 2018
- Instructional technologist with experience in instructional design, development of online courses, hybrid courses, and face-to-face courses enhanced with technology. I assist faculty at GRCC with our Blackboard Learn 9.1 system and related technologies on a daily basis; Camtasia Relay, Bb Mobile, Bb Drive, Bb Analytics for Learn. I'm also heavily involved with expanding and supporting the Distance Learning Program at GRCC through committee work and spreading the word on what Distance Learning & Instructional Technologies (DLIT) has to offer in terms of support for faculty and available distance courses for students.
- Presented Virtual Poster "Increase Interaction and Engagement with Blackboard Collaborate" at the Teaching, Learning, and Technology Showcase on March 22, 2012
- Presented Session “Creating Accessible Course Content” at Faculty Learning Day on January 10, 2013 (YouTube Video)
- Presented Session “Creating Accessible Materials” at the Educational Support Professional’s Learning Day on March 6, 2013
- Presented Virtual Poster "Bring Your Class to Life with NBCLearn" at the Teaching, Learning, and Technology Showcase on March 20, 2013
- Presented Virtual Session "DIY: Build an Impressive Course on a Small Budget" at the Free-Learning Conference 2018 hosted by Appalachian State University.
- Presented Session "Adopting Open or Free Educational Resources in Small Increments" at Lilly North in Traverse City, MI on October 19, 2018.