Join any of the following sessions from the comfort of your office (or wherever). All DLIT sessions are scheduled on Wednesdays from 3:00 - 4:00 PM. For ITC, miBUG, ETOM - please follow the link.
- 10/09 - Make the Move: Moving from Reactive to Proactive Accessibility (ITC)
- As you may know, Blackboard IM will be discontinued by the end of this semester. This session will cover how to use our new tool - Google Hangouts. Participants will learn how to sign in, establish a new conversation and start a video call or conversation (Chat). We’ll wrap it up with some ideas on how to use Hangouts for teaching and learning.
- 10/31 - Techsmith (DLIT)
- Currently, GRCC licenses three Techsmith products - Relay, Camtasia and SnagIt. This webinar will explain when you would use these products (for video or images) and how they are being used to improve student learning. There will be a short demonstration, as well as time for Q&A.
- Recording and Slides
- 11/07 - Respondus Monitor (DLIT)
- "Respondus Monitor is a companion application for LockDown Browser® that uses webcam and video technology to prevent cheating during online exams. Respondus Monitor integrates seamlessly with learning management systems, and is ideal for non-proctored testing environments." https://www.respondus.com/products/monitor/
- 11/14 - Bb Ally at Grand Valley State University (miBUG)
- 11/15 - Badges and Gamification* (ETOM)
- 12/05 - Accessible Powerpoints (DLIT)
- Do you use Powerpoint slides in your campus or online classes? Do you distribute them after a meeting or conference presentation? Don’t forget that Powerpoint presentations are highly “visual” and need to be accessible to the blind and those with low vision.
- 12/12 - 7 Observations Leading to Student Success (miBUG)
* The ETOM Meet-ups are scheduled from 12:00 - 12:45 PM.
The Distance Learning and Instructional Technologies Department works in collaboration with the Center for Teaching Excellence to plan and host a variety of training sessions throughout the year. Register through the CTE's Registration page.
If you would like more information on special events, please visit the Center for Teaching Excellence website. Clicking HERE will take you directly to the special events section.