Renovations for state-of-the-art teaching & learning
Several key buildings on GRCC's campuses are undergoing transformations to optimize our learning and teaching spaces — including a new, consolidated Lakeshore Campus that's taking shape in Holland Township!
Grow with us
When we emerge from the pandemic, you'll be able to see all of the vibrant new spaces that will launch our students' academic and career success. Until then, watch our progress and grow with us through the interactive tours on this webpage!
Jump to the building you're interested in exploring
- The Lakeshore Campus
- The Wisner-Bottrall Applied Technology Center
- Raleigh J. Finkelstein Hall
- Custer Alumni House & Steven C. Ender Hall
For the first time in GRCC's history, we are consolidating all of the Lakeshore learning locations into one main campus! The Lakeshore Campus will be on the former JCPenney site in The Shops at West Shore in Holland Township. The campus is expected to be completed in time for the fall 2021 semester.
The 50,000-square-foot building is being renovated to include classrooms and labs, as well as student services such as testing, counseling, placement and a satellite library.
The ATC is gaining a two-story, 18,416-square-foot expansion, expected to be completed in time for winter 2021 classes. Renovations also include:
- Creating an open and inviting front entry.
- Adding a Data Center Lab suite.
- Expanding and updating the Machine Tool Lab.
- Increasing student study and meeting spaces.
- Adding interaction areas where faculty, students, and researchers can gather informally and learn beyond the classroom.
- Renovating the open computer lab.
See what's changing at the ATC
Our historic Raleigh J. Finkelstein Hall is being renovated over two years, transforming the nearly 100-year-old building into a 21st-century learning center, with major upgrades to all five floors.
The fifth-floor work is completed, and includes classrooms, a large student collaboration area, minor upgrades to the board room – and spectacular views of downtown. The project also includes:
- Fourth-floor renovations to update studio and lab space for Visual Arts classes, improved classrooms and administrative offices and a large student collaboration area.
- Third-floor work, planned for the winter 2021 semester, to add a faculty hub, offices, and classrooms. The Center for Teaching Excellence and offices for Distance Learning and Instructional Technologies, deans, and The Collegiate will also be renovated.
- Second-floor work, planned for summer 2021, to update classrooms.
- First-floor work, planned for summer 2021, to reimagine the student experience, including orientation, admissions, the Enrollment Center, the Student Financial Services (formerly Cashier's) and financial aid space.
The project is proceeding under budget, and the reach of the work may extend to include level G2 improvements, a new canopy over the stair tower between Finkelstein and Cook halls, and work to the fourth-floor skywalk to the Bostwick parking ramp.
See what's changing at Raleigh J. Finkelstein Hall
The college completed renovations to two buildings on the DeVos Campus this summer.
Custer Alumni House
The Custer Alumni House is the new name for the Lettinga House, reflecting its role as the home of the GRCC Foundation and alumni activities. Renovations include a kitchen, meeting space and areas for receptions and other gatherings – a welcoming place for former students and community members.
The building was previously used as temporary office space and housed the Institutional Research Department and General Counsel.
Steven C. Ender Hall
Formerly the Mable Engle House, Steven C. Ender Hall will be used for student-focused groups, including Experiential Learning and the Honors Program, Student Employment Services and space for Student Life clubs and organizations.