400 College Park Plaza (CPP)
- 2 PM - 4 PM in 400 CPP
- 7:30 PM - 8:30 PM Phone Only
- 4 PM - 6 PM GRCC Library
- Appointments are also available
Most effective student-instructor contact methods
- Office hours - options - in person and phone.
- Appointments - see the syllabus for scheduling details.
- Phone calls - preferred over email because I'm old school and phone calls give us access to two-way, real-time conversation, which reduces misunderstanding and confusion. It's like magic, except it's real.
- Blackboard Virtual Office - works well because I check it during office hours.
LEAST EFFECTIVE contact method - Email and HERE IS WHY...
- Yes, I respond to email but recognize it as a false god -
- It lets us believe that hitting the "Send" button means we've communicated with someone, but all we really did was hit the "send" button.
- Nothing happens - even if you get a sign that the message was "opened" - which doesn't mean it was read.
- Nothing is communicated until someone reads it, thinks about it, decides to respond, finds time to respond, write a response, and hit the "Send" button.
- Then the process starts all over again.