506 College Park Plaza (CPP)
2018 - 2019 Teaching Schedule
- Fall - EN101: English Composition I
- Winter - EN 101: English Composition I
- Tuesdays - 11:30 AM - 1:30 PM (In-person on-campus, Google Hangouts and phone only)
- Wednesdays, 9 PM - 11:30 PM (Google Hangouts and phone only)
MOST EFFECTIVE contact methods
- Office hours - come in person, call, Google Hangouts.
- Appointments - make them when you want additional help or if office hours don't work with your schedule.
- Phone calls - BECAUSE I'm old school; I still talk to folk on the phone. Unlike email, phone calls give us access to two-way, real-time conversation, which reduces misunderstanding and confusion. It's like magic, except it's real.
LEAST EFFECTIVE contact method - Email and HERE IS WHY...
- Email is a false god - it leads us to believe that hitting the "Send" button means we've communicated with someone, BUT, REALLY, ALL WE DID WAS PRESS A BUTTON.
- Nothing happens with an email (or any other "instant messaging" choice) even if you get a sign that the message was "opened" - which doesn't mean it was read.
- Until someone reads what we sent, thinks about it, decides to respond, finds time to respond, and actually responds...nothing has been communicated.