The Great Teachers Seminar is a three-day retreat for GRCC teachers to exchange ideas around teaching and building community.
"If properly tapped, the collective wisdom, experience, and creativity of any group of practicing educators far surpass that of any individual expert."
— David Gottshall, National Great Teachers Movement Founder
Join us May 3-5, 2022
The 2022 GRCC Great Teachers Seminar will be held from Tuesday, May 3 - Thursday, May 5, 2022.
Who can apply?
Any GRCC full-time or adjunct instructor.
Applications will open in January 2022
You must be able to attend the program all three days to apply.
Some of the comments from those who participated in Great Teachers August, 2021 regarding what they valued about the experience:
- Collegiality. Also that everyone who shows up is interested in growing as a teacher!
- I loved the camaraderie! It was great to be able to talk to others who not only commiserated, but also had helpful knowledge to share!
- The time spent with other teachers of other content areas was so valuable.
- This was so intellectually stimulating. The diversity among instructors allowed me the opportunity to learn many teaching aides that I hadn't even considered (or known about).
- The seminar was well-planned, organized, and incredibly valuable to my professional development. I also liked the opportunity getting to know faculty from other departments. The comradery is great!
- I enjoyed fellowship with other colleagues in different content areas and with a variety of years of seniority. Also, the food was fabulous.
- I like a low stress environment to interact and share with colleagues. And perhaps make new friends or get to know people better.
- EVERYTHING! Connecting with other teachers and brainstorming.
Crystal Mountain Resort
12500 Crystal Mountain Drive
Thompsonville, MI 49683
- Celebrate and inspire great teaching.
- Explore new classroom techniques.
- Stimulate the exchange of information and ideas.
- Build connections that go beyond disciplines and schools.