On-Demand Training for Your Classroom!
Media Technologies has been known for quality video productions, seamless events and excellence in broadcasting and we're adding another service to that line up: On-Demand Multimedia Training for faculty. Now faculty can make an appointment for one-on-one training with one of our technicians to guide them to the latest multimedia classroom innovations.
Training is tailored to the individual with everything from a refresher overview to a top to bottom explanation and demonstration of all the technology in the classroom.
Topics covered include:
- Powering the system up
- video projections
- Audio and Video settings
- Using wireless and other devices into the system
- Checking out extra equipment from Media Technologies
- Turning Point Audio Response System
- Knowmia Presentation Recording
- Other assistance by request
Media Technologies offers a variety of multimedia equipment for checkout to faculty and staff. Here's all you need to do:
- Call or email the Media Technologies Offices located in the Learning Resource Center during our convenient hours operation and, using your Raidercard, checkout the items you need. You may call our office at (616) 234-3830 our use our Equipment Checkout Request Form to reserve a piece of equipment.
- Return your equipment on the specified due date.
The following items are available for checkout:
- Digital audio recorder (records stereo audio on memory card)
- DVD recorder (Used to transfer content from VCR or camcorder to DVD)
- Elmo document camera (on an AV cart)
- Elmo document camera (portable in a carry bag)
- Multimedia Presentation Carts (carts include Video/Data Projector/Built-in PC/VCR/DVD)
- Overhead Projector (on an AV cart)
- Projection screen (portable tripod style)
- Video/Data Projector (portable)
- Presentation Easel
- Slide projector
- Turning Point Audio Response System (Laptop computer with response software available if required)
- USB Wireless Presenter (for Powerpoint slide advancement)
- VCR (VHS Player)
- Video Camcorder (Records on SD memory card)
- Wired USB Microphone
- Wireless USB Microphone
Equipment is available on a first come, first served basis and quantities are limited so plan ahead.
What is the Lightboard?
As a GRCC faculty or staff member, you have access to record instructional content in our lightboard room located in 140 LRC.
The Lightboard allows you to face your viewers as you record your content, and whatever you write on the lightboard will glow in front of you and your intended audience. You can even use it in conjunction with PowerPoint.
Schedule an appointment
Visit Distance Learning's Lightboard page to schedule an appointment in the Lightboard Room, watch how-to videos or see examples of others using the Lightboard.
If you need help learning how to use the Lightboard, IT Media staff can assist you.
Media Technologies: (616) 234-3830