We collaborate with departments across campus, such as Information Technology and the Center for Teaching Excellence, to coordinate, support and create opportunities to leverage technology in teaching and learning.
We're here to empower faculty and contribute to student success.
Distance learning/online courses
- We've been delivering distance education since GRCC first provided telecourses in 1979.
- We have 6,000+ student enrollments in online and hybrid courses each semester.
- Student resources are available in the Online Learning for Students website.
- Interested in teaching online? Visit the Teaching Online webpage.
- We provide leadership, administration, coordination and support for faculty in their use of:
- TechSmith Knomia (formerly Relay).
- Blackboard Ally.
- Mobile Learning.
- A wide assortment of other technologies related to teaching and learning.
- Faculty resources including tips sheets and tutorials are available on the Instructional Technologies webpage.
Special events & activities
- Summer Teaching Institute: Fully immerse yourself in a series of sessions focused on Blackboard and advanced uses of GRCC's instructional technologies.
- Distance Learning Faculty Advisory Board: Provide feedback for online learning, Blackboard and emerging technologies. This board is an official sub-committee of the Academic Governing Council.