HIPAA Special Enrollment Rights
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, allows eligible individuals to enroll in health plan coverage outside of the annual open enrollment period if they experience a Qualified Life Event. Qualifying Life Event (QLE) is a change in your situation — like getting married, having a baby, or losing other health coverage. For additional information visit the Department Of Labor website.
Employees requesting special enrollment rights must complete enrollment through the PlanSource website along with emailing the Required Documentation (proof of status change and dependent documentation) to the GRCC benefits department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Enrollment and required documentation must be submitted within 30 days from event date. Special Enrollment changes are effective as of date of event.
Login for PlanSource:
Username: your GRCC email address
Password: is either your DOB in YYYYMMDD format if you have not previously logged in, otherwise it will be the password you selected.
Over age dependents
Dependents covered under the plan will be removed from coverage effective the end of the month dependent turns 26 years of age. This status change allows you to make changes to your health plan election. if you wish to make enrollment changes to your health plan you can do so through the plansource website. Elections must be completed within 30 days from the date dependent turns 26 years of age. Please include the current address of your ineligible dependents so we can alert them of their COBRA rights.
- Enrollment Changes: You have 30 days from life event to revisit benefits.plansource.com to make any changes to your benefit enrollment if necessary.
- Dependent documentation is required. You must submit your Dependent Documentation (marriage certificate, birth certificates, etc.) if you are covering any dependents on your GRCC Health, Dental and Vision plans. Your benefits enrollment will not be approved until dependent documentation is submitted. You can email documentation to email@example.com or fax to (616) 234-3907. Please include your employee name and ID number in subject line or fax
- Employee Waiving Health Coverage must submit waiver form and proof of other health insurance coverage to qualify for monthly cash in lieu payments. You can email documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (616) 234-3907. Please include your employee name and ID number in subject line or fax.
- Flexible Spending Mandatory Statement. In order to participate in the Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, you will need to complete and return the Mandatory Statement for Dependent Care form once per Plan Year. Reimbursement cannot take place from the account unless this form is on the file. Please download and complete the Mandatory Statement form and email documentation to email@example.com or fax to (616) 234-3907. Please include your employee name and ID number in subject line or fax.
- You will not be able to make changes to your benefits once your special enrollment period has closed, unless you have another qualifying life event. After the 30 days you will only be able to make changes to your benefit enrollment during annual open enrollment unless you experience a qualified life event (marriage, birth, loss of other health coverage, divorce or death) you are eligible for a special enrollment period of 30 days from event date that allows you to make changes to your health insurance outside of the yearly Open Enrollment Period.
- Viewing your information at any time: At any time throughout the year you can login to your account using your Username and your password. If you do not remember your password contact your HR-Benefits Office to have your Password reset.