We define, develop and maintain effective project management standards for GRCC's information technology projects.
Project managers work with stakeholders and IT personnel to ensure that IT projects are delivered on schedule, within scope, and within budget.
The PMO is also an excellent source of project management documentation, guidance, education, and tools that makes managing projects easier for everyone throughout the college.
Project request window: 2021-22 fiscal year
Now open! The Information Technology Project Management Office (PMO) will receive and process your requests until 5 p.m. on Monday, March 8, 2021.
How to submit a project request
- Use the TDX Project Request Form option to begin the process.
- The form will automatically pre-fill your name; mandatory fields are marked with an asterisk
- Click SAVE to move to the final submission page, which will display the four sections of the request:
- General – Responses from the previous page.
- Goals – Add goals that will further support your request.
- Files – Attach files that will add context to your request.
- Stakeholders – Add stakeholders, detailing their name, responsibilities, and RACI level.
- Select Review and Submit to confirm request content before submitting it to the PMO project managers for processing.
- You will be able edit/update your request until final submission.
How projects are prioritized & determined
Project managers research and prepare the request for its next assessment step. The IT directors review the request to determine its feasibility and provide time and resource estimates.
In the last step of the process the IT Chief Information Officer (CIO) will use a rubric to assess and prioritize each request in relation to all others submitted within the period. The Project Prioritization Team, comprised of the college’s EBCOs, will then meet to discuss the requests to ensure they are fully aligned with institutional goals and strategic direction.
Requesters will be notified of the project request’s status as it is processed.